Demonstrating the depth and breathe of our travel experience, Terminal D and Captain G have put together the best practices for business travel in Dothan, AL. Where exactly is D-town? See the map below:
Below is a list of our recommendations:
Where to stay?
Believe it or not, this is the nicest place to stay in town, if you can get a reservation. Built within the last few years, it’s managed to stay fairly clean and has free wifi. It’s recommended that you bring your own pillow. (For a true best practice, steal a pillow from the Fairfield Inn by Marriott) And don’t let those Hilton points expire!
2., which happens to be connected to the , is our number 2 pick. We recommend the Courtyard because it is slightly cleaner, but “clean” is a very generous word in this case. Only stay here if you are a true PW.
(Warning: Don’t be confused if your morning paper and coffee is interrupted with a bill. The breakfast is not free!)
3. Sleep Inn is next to the Hampton Inn. It’s fairly clean but clearly in 3rd place.
What to eat?
1. Long Horn Steakhouse - it is the best restaurant hands down. It also has a great wine by the glass selection which is unheard of in D Town! They have a St. Jean Cab!! Woohooo.
2. The Bistro - A great lunch place located at the heart of downtown D-town! It has good food and nice pictures of Europe - probably the only place where you could find such pictures.
3. La’Le Mediterranean Cafe & Bistro - A great lunch place offering classic greek and similar cuisine. Odd hours, random closings and a difficult-to-find location may anger you the first 3-5 times, but it’s worth holding out for.
4. Atlanta Bread Company - We know, but it’s the only place you can get fresh fruit and $3 coffee — although Starbucks recently opened at Target which doesn’t open until 9:30AM.
5. Applebee’s - And you thought #4 made us look dumb. Don’t go here for the food, but the bar is nicely stocked, it’s packed with locals every night, and its proximity to the Mariott makes it a great place to wash away the memories of this terrible visit.
5a. TGI Friday’s - This is a toss up with Applebee’s. Hence the 5a rating. They have karaoke night like 2x a week. It is probably the only karaoke place where you will find zero Asians.
We love to hear from you. You can reach by leaving a comment or via email:or